首頁

尾頁

等待驗證會員

積分: 33

1#
發表於 05-10-19 15:55 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 相信母乳:認識【 猛長期】(尤其是新手媽媽要看啊!)

Dear rclamlam,

I've heard that some breastfed babies never took the bottle (artificial nipple)... but your friend may try cup-feeding or use a lactation aid. Also, please check out this website about alternative feeding http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/alternative-feeding.html

And here's my own story for sharing with all:

My daughter was born preterm at 35 weeks (5lbs 4oz) and she spent her first days in the incubator, to monitor her breathing and to keep her warm... the nursing staff suggested to supplement her with glucose water to prevent dehydration while I tried to nurse her 6-8 times a day. Most of the time, she would rather sleep and I had a hard time trying to wake her up. Four days later, when she was diagnosed with jaundice and has lost about 5.5% of her body weight, the doctor suggested that we supplement her on formula milk until her condition improves. We had no choice so I tried to pump as much as I could and brought the expressed milk to the hospital 2 times a day (even if the volume is as little as 1oz).

When my baby comes home after a week in the incubator, she is just 4lbs 15oz and is still very sleepy... she refused my breast for the first day and on the second day, she would latch on for a few minutes and give up...I was worried and sad and I tried offering her some expressed milk in a bottle but she didn't take much of it. With faith and persistent that we would overcome her nipple confusion, I tried to offer her my breast as often as every 30-45 mins and insisted NOT to supplement any formula or bottle. Slowly, she began to feed and sleep longer... She's now 24 days old and is gaining weight well.

Also, I am very lucky to have came across Dr Jack Newman's website and the info were extremely helpful... especially the latching on and compression methods. I would highly recommend all breastfeeding mommies to visit http://www.thebirthden.com/Newman.html. Some of his articles were even translated in Chinese. www.kellymom.com is also another good source of breastfeeding information that helped me very much.

Good luck to all breastfeeding moms. Always remember that your milk is the best food for your baby. Believe in yourselves and ignore the hurtful comments and suggestions by families or people who doesn't know much about breastfeeding. If mothers in Africa can feed their babies, I'm sure we can do it better.

Best regards,
Maryann
:wink:

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊