母乳餵哺

跳至

首頁

尾頁

複式洋房

積分: 230

1#
發表於 04-12-17 17:17 |只看該作者

My baby refuses to drink ...... I'm so worried & upset!!

I've got mastitis again few days ago.... got a high fever (39C) this Wed. My doc gave me antibiotics and support me to continue bf my girl. Today I am better now and get less pain on the breast (day 3 antibiotics treatment). However, my baby starts to refuse to drink my breastmilk this morning. I have tried several times today...... even using bottle with my defrosted breastmilk (since I suspect there may have a different taste in my milk when I took antibiotics). She refuses and cries once see my nipple and bottles......... my heart is broken............ she used to love my milk ....... and now what can I do for her???? Or I should stop bf her again?? (I really want to keep breastfeeding her....)

At last I gave her one rice cereal & one congee (as usual).... but how about the other milk milk session??

BTW, she got 4 teeth already..... there was no such bad experience in the teething moment. Should I stop my antibiotics treatment? (The doc asks me to take the antibiotics for 7 days..... today is only the 3rd day).....

Can anyone here give me some advice???

HoBB

Jessie was born on April 10,2004. 我是全母乳BB呀! You are welcome to visit Jessie's website April 10 --- 2.87kg May 11 --- 3.75kg June 13 --- 4.72kg August 5 --- 5.51kg August 21 --- 5.7kg Oct 16 -- 6.1kg Nov 6 -- 6.4kg Nov 24 -- ~ 6.7kg Dec 14 -- 7.0kg Jan 10 -- 7.3kg April 10 -- ~8.0kg

男爵府

積分: 7995

2#
發表於 04-12-17 18:04 |只看該作者

Re: My baby refuses to drink ...... I'm so worried & upset!!

I've got mastitis again few days ago.... got a high fever (39C) this Wed. My doc gave me antibiotics and support me to continue bf my girl. Today I am better now and get less pain on the breast (day 3 antibiotics treatment). However, my baby starts to refuse to drink my breastmilk this morning. I have tried several times today...... even using bottle with my defrosted breastmilk (since I suspect there may have a different taste in my milk when I took antibiotics). She refuses and cries once see my nipple and bottles......... my heart is broken............ she used to love my milk ....... and now what can I do for her???? Or I should stop bf her again?? (I really want to keep breastfeeding her....)

At last I gave her one rice cereal & one congee (as usual).... but how about the other milk milk session??

BTW, she got 4 teeth already..... there was no such bad experience in the teething moment. Should I stop my antibiotics treatment? (The doc asks me to take the antibiotics for 7 days..... today is only the 3rd day).....

Can anyone here give me some advice???

HoBB,

I fully understand your situations as i have been facing the bresat duct stuck twice before.
Since you are having mastitis, the taste or your milk will become a bit salty, so some of the babies will dislike the taste, but it only concerns this peirod, don't worry.
you can try to express your milk and try to taste by yourself, is it salty? and i believe the color of your milk will be a little bit yellow, but actually it is safe for baby. The only way is still offer your breast to her, otherwise your breast will be stuck again, or if she cannot finish all which your breast is still full, you
have to pump it out .
don't stop the anti-biotic, because it is a course, you have to complete all otherwise you will suffer the
mastitis again.
you will not starve your baby since she has solid food, and it is no need to give her formular,
if she is hungry, she will suck into your breast again, and i think your milk taste will resume very soon.

複式洋房

積分: 230

3#
發表於 04-12-20 17:50 |只看該作者

Re: My baby refuses to drink ...... I'm so worried & upset!!

Mon, Thank you for your comfort & support.

I had tried several ways to let my girl to drink my milk.... but she refuses again & again ..... At last my husband scolded her and surprisely she drinks my milk with the bottle. Last Sat, I tried to let her suck my breast again while she is still sleepy. It failed ... it seems she can smell the difference.

Fortunately, her refusal only lasts for 2 days. Yesterday is my 5th day antibiotics treatment and she started to drink my milk as usual. I can feel the close bonding between us again.... and I really enjoy it very much.

HoBB

Jessie was born on April 10,2004. 我是全母乳BB呀! You are welcome to visit Jessie's website April 10 --- 2.87kg May 11 --- 3.75kg June 13 --- 4.72kg August 5 --- 5.51kg August 21 --- 5.7kg Oct 16 -- 6.1kg Nov 6 -- 6.4kg Nov 24 -- ~ 6.7kg Dec 14 -- 7.0kg Jan 10 -- 7.3kg April 10 -- ~8.0kg

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊